Promethazine Hydrochloride BP 5mg/5ml.
Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite.
Phenergan Elixir is an alcohol-free, sugar-free antihistamine formulation designed for use by children. Phenergan Elixir is a long-acting antihistamine that can relieve the symptoms of allergic disorders, including seasonal allergic rhinitis, or hayfever. Phenergan Elixir will treat other conditions including allergic rhinitis, urticaria, commonly called "hives", and insect stings and bites. Each 5ml of Phenergan Elixir contains 5mg of the active ingredient Promethazine Hydrochloride BP. Promethazine is a phenothiazine derivative antihistamine that works by reducing the actions of histamine within the body. Phenergan Elixir is available in a 100ml bottle.
- Children aged between 2 and 5 years - Take a single dose of 5 to 15ml of Phenergan Elixir at night or take a 5ml dose 2 to 3 times a day.
- Children aged between 6 and 12 years and Adults - Take a single dose of 10 to 25ml of Phenergan Elixir at night or take a 10ml dose 2 to 3 times a day.
- Phenergan Elixir is not be used by children under 2 years of age unless advised otherwise by your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Phenergan Elixir if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan Elixir if you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Phenergan Elixir may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery.
- Do not use Phenergan Elixir if you are allergic to Promethazine Hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Phenergan Elixir. Phenergan Elixir contains sodium benzoate, sodium sulfite, and sodium metabisulfite. Phenergan Elixir does not contain sucrose, lactose or gluten
- Keep Phenergan Elixir out of the reach of children.
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include headaches, fatigue or drowsiness.
- Keep Phenergan Elixir in a cool, dry place. Store below 25?C/75?F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Your pharmacist's advice is required for this product.
Please answer the pharmacist questions as directed during the checkout procedure.
Have you used this product before? If so, was it effective, or was there any problems with its use?
What is the condition to be treated?
Symptoms - what are they, how severe are they, how long have the symptoms been present, have you had these symptoms before?
Have you taken any other action, or any other products/supplements/medicines to treat the condition?
Do you have any other health conditions, current or previous?
Are you allergic to any medicines or chemicals?
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
Phenergan Elixir is a pharmacist only medicine. Distributed by Rhone-Poulenc Rorer New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand.