Each tablet contains Famciclovir 500mg.
Poloxamer, stearic acid, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol 8000. This medicine is gluten-free, lactose-free, sucrose-free, tartrazine-free and free of other azo dyes.
Famciclovir Once is an antiviral medicine used to treat recurrent outbreaks of cold sores in adults 18 years of age and over who have a normal immune system (the body system which fights against harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi).
Cold sores are an infection caused by a virus called herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1). Cold sores usually begin on or around the lips, mouth, and nose as small red bumps that turn into fluid-filled blisters. Cold sores can be tender and painful. Many people who get cold sores know when one is coming by a tingling, burning, itchy or painful sensation or redness in the area. Some common triggers to a cold sore may include:
- sun exposure
- menstrual periods
- dry chapped lips
- skin trauma
- a cold.
Although Famciclovir Once does not cure the viral infection, it helps to relieve the symptoms and shorten the duration of an outbreak. The best results are obtained if the medicine is started as soon as possible after the onset of symptoms of a cold sore, such as tingling, itching or burning, or the appearance of the first signs, such as redness or swelling.
Made in Canada.
Adults: 1 dose = 3 tablets. Take as a single dose with or without food. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
This medicine is not suitable for children or teenagers under 18 years of age.
Warnings and Cautions
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not recommended for children or teenagers under 18 years of age.
- If your symptoms do not improve within a few days or become worse, tell your pharmacist or doctor.
- Do not use Famciclovir Once if you have an allergy to Famciclovir, Penciclovir or to any of the other ingredients.
- Do not use Famciclovir Once if you have problems with your immune system.
- Do not use Famciclovir Once if you have kidney problems, except on a doctor's advice.
- Speak to your pharmacist before using Famciclovir Once if you have high blood pressure, heart problems, liver problems, diabetes or other medical conditions.
- Speak to your pharmacist before using Famciclovir Once if you are taking other medications regularly.
- Speak to your pharmacist before using Famciclovir Once if you have signs & symptoms of an infection other than your cold sore.
- Speak to your pharmacist before using Famciclovir Once if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant.
- Store below 25degC
Your pharmacist's advice is required for this product.
Please answer the pharmacist questions as directed during the checkout procedure.
Have you used this product before? If so, was it effective, or was there any problems with its use?
What is the condition to be treated?
Symptoms - what are they, how severe are they, how long have the symptoms been present, have you had these symptoms before?
Have you taken any other action, or any other products/supplements/medicines to treat the condition?
Do you have any other health conditions, current or previous?
Are you allergic to any medicines or chemicals?
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
Apotex Pty Ltd, 16 Giffnock Avenue, Macquarie Park, NSW, Australia 2113.
No prices listed for this product.